Bean’s Cafe and The Children’s Lunchbox is a great place to work, offering great benefits and an opportunity to help those in need in our community. Any available positions will be posted below, if you wish to apply please email your resume and cover letter referencing the desired position to Kim Kovol at email@example.com
The Monitor positon is responsible for ensuring a safe and sound communal environment for Bean's Cafe, which includes continuous communication with the Lead Monitor, Monitor Supervisor and Program Manager. Essential job duties encompass the Monitor's role as leader, monitor, and supporter. The Monitor maintains loyalty to the organization, its beliefs, values, mission, vision and expectations.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the training new monitors as well as advise Lead Monitors of other needed training for the Monitor team in general.
- Participate in the general daily routine of the Monitors, including rotating positions for proper coverage, enforcing Cafe policies, and ensuring the safety of clients, staff, and volunteers.
- Alert Lead Monitor or Monitor Supervisor of any building maintenance issues.
- Alert Lead Monitor or Monitor Supervisor of any client safety or security issues.
- Maintain tracking systems for data reports as required by management and law enforcement agencies.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training.
- Direct and assist in maintaining order with the clients on the main floor and campus, including policy enforcement.
- Assist with answering the telephones.
- Assists with routines of opening and closing of facility.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Monitor Supervisor or Program Manager.
- Support Beans Cafe policies and procedures, including the Campus Setting.
Core Skills and Competencies Required:
- Ability to use observation and detection skills.
- Ability to represent Beans Cafe in a professional manner when assisting Clients, Volunteers and Donors.
- Develop and maintains a friendly, supportive, and professional relationship with all clients, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Ability to work with all ethnic and cultural backgrounds, underprivileged adults, mental health issues, substance abuse issues, and domestic abuse issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to make reasonable and sound decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a high degree of professional conduct at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in English with fellow staff and management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and resolve day to day issues as they arise, including being able to act quickly in a crisis, whether it is related to a client or the organization.
- Ability to obtain a tuberculin clearance annually during employment.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from the ground up.
- The ability to climb stairs.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time without needing assistance.
Positions available include part time and on-call. Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check (certain offenses do not exclude a candidate).
Work environment: Bean's Cafe, Inc. has various sites throughout Anchorage. The Children's Lunchbox is a program of Bean's Cafe and serves meals to children in safe community setting.
Bean's Cafe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: Any description of work is a picture of the major responsibilities of a position at a given point in time. Jobs are dynamic and assignments/priorities may change. The primary purpose of this description is to outline and communicate key tasks and expectations for the position. This description does not imply or create a contractual relationship. Bean's Cafe is an at-will employer.
Please respond to this posting with a cover letter, resume, and three references, of which at least two must be professional references to Kim Kovol (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please.